Companies in the aerospace and defense industry are subject to strict trade controls on the manufacture, import and export of their commodities, technology, and software, including the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regulations.
Our aerospace and defense practice has in-depth regulatory experience and know-how to assist companies in determining commodity jurisdiction and classification, license determination and preparation, and in building and maintaining effective trade compliance programs to manage the import and export of aerospace and defense commodities and services and associated technical data and technology.
Export compliance services
Export compliance services that we provide to manufacturers in Aerospace and Defense industry include:
- Assessing company export compliance and technology control programs
- Advising on compliance with customer technology control requirements
- Building and enhancing export compliance programs based on proprietary Standard Operating Procedures and forms
- Training employees in ITAR and EAR regulations and company compliance procedures
- Creating licensing strategies for conducting multinational product design, development and manufacturing programs
- Preparing all types of ITAR and EAR export licenses
These are just some of the ways we can help you navigate a complex regulatory environment. If you need assistance with anything regarding import/export operations in Aerospace and Defense industry, give us a call.