In today’s connected world, international trade is open to more enterprises than ever. That’s great news for companies that want to expand their suppliers and markets, but it does open up the possibility that companies will inadvertently violate one or more international trade regulations. Our team of professionals specialize in making sure that business owners legally navigate the complex and intimidating environment of trade compliance.
Compliance Assurance provides an in-depth export compliance program assessment and independent audit of export management and compliance programs to ensure your compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations.
An independent audit is a critical element in any compliance program. It is the most effective means to ensure that internal controls are effective and will identify vulnerabilities that exist in your program. Solutions are available for U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries as well as non-U.S. companies bound by U.S. export laws.
- Product / Market Compliance Risk Analysis
- Management Commitment
- Written Export Management and Compliance Procedures
- Compliance Training and Awareness
- Transaction and Customer Screening Procedures
- Recordkeeping Regulatory Requirements
- Escalation and Reporting Process
- Voluntary Self-disclosures and Corrective Actions
ITAR Audit and Assessment
Compliance Assurance provides a comprehensive program of ITAR audit and assessment to ensure your compliance with the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related governmental agencies including the Bureau of Census and Customs and Border Protection.
- Organizational Structure and Control
- Corporate Commitment and Policy
- Identification, Receipt and Tracking of ITAR – controlled Items/Technical Data and Technology Control Plans (TCP)
- Re-export and Re-transfer Procedures
- Restricted/Prohibited Exports and Transfers Screening Procedures
- Record keeping Regulatory Requirements
- Internal Monitoring and Violation Reporting Process
- Employee Training Practices
OFAC Compliance Audit
Compliance Assurance also offers OFAC audit services to ensure your compliance with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations. OFAC audits include a compliance risk assessment and in-depth audit of internal controls including U.S. government watch list (SDN) screening, reporting, recordkeeping, testing, licensing procedures and documentation review.